Cavalry Real Estate Advisors is looking for a Director to help build a fast-growing real estate services and technology company. Our clients include REITs, private equity funds, developers, investors, and other real estate owners and operators.
Our ideal candidate will be firmly committed to collaboration, innovation, and delivering best-in-class solutions to the commercial real estate industry. As a company, we value two things above all else: exceptional service and exceptional results on behalf of our clients. As an employer, we understand that our people are the life blood of the organization. Without good people doing great things, we’re just another company. We do well by valuing our employees for their contributions to our growth and the innovation we deliver collectively to the industry. No individual at Cavalry has a monopoly on good ideas, and our success has been our continued ability to work as a team to deliver the innovative solutions and products our clients have come to expect from us.
- Provide a full range of property assessment and tax consulting services to new and existing clients with very limited review
- Attend Hearings at various levels including Assessor, Board and Court; as needed, give expert evidence as required
- Continuously upgrade knowledge regarding market and industry trends, property assessment and taxation practices and procedures and legislation
- Actively pursue new assignments and marketing leads and ensure all direct reports are actively seeking new assignments and marketing opportunities are pursued
- Identify, pursue, and close new business development opportunities to meet ongoing sales goals
- Ensure employee development and continuous improvement efforts. Encourage employee satisfaction and retention of key talent. Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and motivation to the team which facilitates business growth and service expansion. Communicate business direction to the team and ensure alignment of individual goals to business goals. Ensure equitable distribution of work and effective utilization of key talent.
- Collaborate with the development team to expand the research platform built by our sister company, Taxonics
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Candidate must live within commuting distance of the Athens/Atlanta, Georgia, or metropolitan Washington, D.C. areas
- 7+ years of related experience in property assessment and taxation
- Proactive, organized, and deadline driven
- Very good knowledge of property assessment practices, policies, and procedures, along with the legislative requirements governing them
- Unwavering desire to provide the best service and outcome for clients
- Resourceful, collaborative, and an inherent desire to innovate
- Excellent skills in assessment valuation modeling in Excel and other software programs as appropriate
- Excellent research, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing skills to complete comprehensive property assessment and tax consulting reports
- Very good knowledge/expertise in property assessment valuation and tax advisory
- Very good knowledge of the legislative rules for the determination of property assessment and taxes
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Business Origination Commission: 10% of net revenue generated from any new clients or work you originate for the company
- Year-end bonus: Equivalent to a percent of company’s year-end total gross revenue
- Competitive health insurance and benefits
- Plan for equity ownership in the company based on clear, objective goals
Cavalry Real Estate Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.