Director – Advisory Services
We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to build a successful career within a fast-growing real estate services and technology company. Cavalry clients include REITs, private equity funds, developers, investors, and other real estate owners and operators. We are looking for a team member that is firmly committed to collaboration and innovation, to deliver best-in-class solutions to the commercial real estate industry.
As a company, we value two things above all else: exceptional service and exceptional results on behalf of our clients. As an employer, we understand that our people are the lifeblood of the organization. Without good people doing great things, we’re just another company. We do well by valuing our employees for their contributions to our growth and the innovation we deliver collectively to the industry. No individual at Cavalry has a monopoly on good ideas, and our success has been our continued ability to work as a team to deliver the innovative solutions and products our clients have come to expect from us. We want to hire a new team member that embodies this philosophy.
- Work with the Advisory team to deliver fiscal and economic impact studies
- Conduct primary and secondary economic, demographic, and real estate research, including interviews with those active in the local market and site visits;
- Organize data, analyze trends, and construct financial and statistical models by creating or employing existing methodologies;
- Manage and prepare reports and presentations to communicate key findings and recommendations to clients;
- Mentor and train junior team members;
- Periodically collaborate with the software, marketing, and leadership team(s) at our sister company, Taxonics, to develop strategy for product enhancement and market growth.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree with a mix of quantitative and qualitative coursework in disciplines such as urban studies or planning, economics, finance, real estate, geography, public policy, or political science;
- 3+ years’ work experience developing, researching, and/or producing research and/or studies related to the fiscal and economic impact of real estate development, policies and/or investment by public or private entities;
- Strong academic record;
- Passion for research, analysis, and problem-solving; attention to detail and accuracy;
- Professional attitude; a self-starter, a good time manager, and a dependable “team player”
- Significant experience with quantitative analytical methods and software programs, such as advanced Excel functions and/or Microsoft Power BI;
- Proven and established network of professional contacts within the tax and real estate community
- Base Salary Range (commensurate with experience): $85,000 – $90,000
- Revenue Share: 5% of net revenue generated through your team’s projects/assignments
- Business Origination Commission: 10% of net revenue generated from any new client and work you originate for the company (this is not a job requirement, but it is a valued skill)
- Year-end bonus equivalent to a percentage of company’s year-end total gross revenue
- Total estimated compensation in Year 1 (base + bonus): $100-$150K+
- Competitive health insurance and benefits (including 3 weeks’ minimum PTO)
- Continual opportunity for advancement in the company, and annual compensation increases, based on merit and performance