We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to build a successful career within a fast-growing real estate services and technology company. Cavalry clients include REITs, private equity funds, developers, investors, and other real estate owners and operators. We are looking for a team member that is firmly committed to collaboration and innovation, to deliver best-in-class solutions to the commercial real estate industry.
As a company, we value two things above all else: exceptional service and exceptional results on behalf of our clients. As an employer, we understand that our people are the life blood of the organization. Without good people doing great things, we’re just another company. We do well by valuing our employees for their contributions to our growth and the innovation we deliver collectively to the industry. No individual at Cavalry has a monopoly on good ideas, and our success has been our continued ability to work as a team to deliver the innovative solutions and products our clients have come to expect from us. We want to hire a new team member that embodies this philosophy.
- Oversee and provide a variety of real estate tax consulting services to new and existing clients including but not limited to real estate tax appeals, real estate tax due diligence, and tax credits/incentives
- Collaborate with consulting teams to deliver fiscal and economic impact studies and land use/entitlement advisory.
- Help develop the jurisdictional research process as a system of data and information collection techniques.
- Periodically collaborate with the software, marketing, and leadership team(s) at our sister company, Taxonics, to develop strategy for product enhancement and market growth.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Business, or Economics preferred but willing to consider applicable experience in lieu;
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience;
- General knowledge / expertise in property tax and assessment valuation advisory;
- General knowledge of the legislative rules governing property assessment and taxation across the United States;
- Ability to motivate Direct and Indirect reports to deliver a high quality of work;
- Ability to negotiate with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy;
- Unwavering desire to provide the best service and outcome for clients;
- Proven ability to generate new revenue through new client engagements, expansion of existing client engagements, or cross-sales opportunities;
- Active member of various industry organizations as well as holding a position in at least one board within a recognized industry organization (e.g., NAIOP, IPT, COST, etc.)
- Proven and established network of professional contacts within the tax and real estate community
- Base Salary Range (commensurate with experience): $70,000 – $80,000
- Revenue Share: 5% of net revenue generated through your team’s projects/assignments
- Business Origination Commission: 10% of net revenue generated from any new client and work you originate for the company (this is not a job requirement, but it is a valued skill)
- Year-end bonus equivalent to a percentage of company’s year-end total gross revenue
- Total estimated compensation in Year 1 (base + bonus): $80-$120K+
- Competitive health insurance and benefits (including unlimited PTO)
- Continual opportunity for advancement in the company, and annual compensation increases, based on merit and performance